Fish4Cats are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand;
- how and why Fish4Cats collect information from you,
- who we share your information with,
- why and on what basis,
- and what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Fish4Cats will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Fish4Cats determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
What information we collect and why?
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your Fish4Cats order.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Fish4Cats in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
- Legitimate – To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.
Who we share your information with and why
Fish4Cats works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- IT Companies – Fish4Cats works with business who support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing Companies – We work with marketing companies who carry out product reviews on our behalf.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible;
- or in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Fish4Cats, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it,
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed,
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact customer service 01299 252 352,
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information,
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form,
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information,
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Fish4Cats uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies – these cookies allow us to anonymously track website statistics, including, page views, traffic source etc. We do this to track our most popular pages and how users move around the site in order to improve our website. We use Google Analytics to do this, which uses first party cookies. The data collected is not shared with anyone else.
- Functionality Cookies – these cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited. Fish4Cats uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Fish4Cats uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Fish4Cats) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
- Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive. Or amend your specific Fish4Cats settings here.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Fish4Cats allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site.
These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Fish4Cats is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes;
- Google Analytics – these cookies collect anonymous information about visitors to our website. This helps us to improve the content on our website.
- Reviews.co.uk- third part cookie that remembers visitors so that we can request a review of our products and services.
- ASP.NET_SeassionId – used to identify a user and distinguish from other users also visiting the site. This is standard as part of Microsoft’s .NET platform. This is necessary for the website to function.
- Adform.net – The purpose is to optimize display of ads based on the users movements and various ad providers bids for displaying user ads.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.